BLUETOWN is a global Internet and content service provider founded with a mission of connecting the unconnected to the internet. We do so by combining new business models with innovative technological solutions.
We are headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, with a small in-house R&D department, and local offices in India, Ghana, and Silicon Valley and aim to expand our activities across South Asia, Africa and Latin America in the coming years, connecting millions of people to the Internet – many for the very first time.
BLUETOWN is looking for people who are motivated by our mission of connecting the unconnected and who can help mature our solutions and contribute to our ambitious growth strategy in some of the world’s most fast-growing, but also challenging markets and demanding physical environments for connectivity solutions. As an employee of BLUETOWN your work will contribute to helping people in low-income areas worldwide get connected to the internet, and thereby provide access to today’s most powerful tool for change.
46% of the global population does not have access to the Internet – join our team to close the gap!
BLUETOWN is looking for a senior embedded software engineer who can be part of our small hardware solution team that is having the end-to-end responsibility for design, development and support for our power solutions. It’s a unique opportunity for shaping a technical solution that’ll impact the lives of millions of people, and for you to grow professionally, personally and with respect to scope of responsibility, as BLUETOWN will be expanding it’s organisation over the coming years.
Main working areas will initially focus on the power solutions and battery control software:
• Handling all aspects of requirements capture, interpretation and technical analysis
• Design, implementation, integration and debugging
• Manufacturing and Operations support, incl. automation
• Documentation and configuration management
BLUETOWN develops rugged, highly reliable solutions that require minimum manual service and repair once deployed. Our power solutions are IoT enabled and future work could include IoT implementation and machine learning e.g. for automatic prediction and prevention of issues, or to implement intelligent network power savings to prolong system uptime.
Education: Software Engineering or other relevant, technical educational background
• You should have 5+ years of experience with embedded “close to the metal” software design and development
• C, C++, Python (mandatory)
• OOP, Design Patterns, Software Architecture (HAL, multiplatform code, etc.)
• Network Communications, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, IP, MQTT, Modbus
• Deep knowledge of hardware peripherals like UART, I2C, SPI, etc.
• Knowledge of ATSAMD Atmel MCUs (Cortex M0,M3).
• You should previously have been working closely with hardware developers, being able to read and understand hardware schematics is a must
• You must be able to debug during initial hardware bring-up and to engage in technical discussions where hardware understanding covering (as a minimum)
• An agile approach and being able to get to a quick, minimum-solution that can be expanded from is also a must.
The ideal candidate might also have experience on modbus, battery monitoring, Linux and basic scripting, Doxygen, as well as docker containers, certificates, Azure IoT Hub, and Time Series.
Personality: You are proactive with a personal drive for getting things done and getting them done right and documented well and you thrive being part of a small, competent team where you are the only embedded software engineer. As a person, you are positive and open with a trustworthy communication and an ability to engage, discuss and understand the need of others as the basis for identifying and concluding on the best technical solutions. As BLUETOWN is a scale-up company, you must be able to cope with a, sometimes, hectic work environment and be prepared to contribute to create structure and clarify priorities yourself.
The working location will be BLUETOWN headquarters in Copenhagen. Travel time will be maximum 30 days per year, mainly in developing countries.
If you are interested in the position, please send your application including CV marked “Senior Embedded Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org asap. We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis. When you apply for the job you allow BLUETOWN to handle your data. Your application will of course be handled confidentially.
• An option for being part of a company that is engaged in solving some of the biggest global challenges while maintaining a balanced triple bottom line focus on people-planet-profit.
• The opportunity for shaping a technical solution that’ll impact the lives of millions of people.
• Great personal and technical development opportunities.
• Internal lab where we do our own development and testing, and easy access to a good selection of hardware.
• A good work-life balance with flexible work hours and competent colleagues.
• Newly renovated offices at Østerbro, with view to Parken’s soccer field, easy access to a walk in Fælledparken, excellent cantina and BLUETOWN-paid parking.
For further information, please contact R&D director Line Klit Olsen, mobile: +45 30 10 41 09. For further deep technical information, please contact IoT Solution Architect Lisandro Bravo, email email@example.com
To apply for the position, send your application and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 5th 2020. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.